Regardless of your business model, market share, or product differentiators—one thing’s for certain—the B2C industry is extremely competitive. When your product sits on the shelf, it’s not alone. It’s accompanied by dozens of other similar goods competing for the same customers.
That’s why eye-catching packaging is so essential. So what should your business do to capture attention more-effectively? Better yet, how can you make labels that are attractive in design, details, and texture?
Well, it’s simple—with shrink sleeve labels. In this blog, we’ll cover why this unique form of labeling is gaining popularity in the marketplace, how to tell if it’s right for you, and a few tips on how to properly utilize a shrink sleeve label.
Let’s get started!f
Understanding the Rapid Adoption of Shrink Sleeve Label Printing
While shrink sleeve labels are a new player in the packaging game, they’re far from a rookie performer. Every day, more B2C brands make the switch to shrink sleeve label printing, and for good reason.
For brands who want a label that completely conforms to their product containers, shrink sleeves are the perfect option. A shrink sleeve offers a flexible film heat-fitted to your product. This means it wraps tightly around any shaped container, offering increased flexibility compared to other labeling practices. The versatility of shrink sleeve labels is a key selling point, with this practice finding its niche in a wide-variety of industries, such as:
- Beverage Containers
- Shampoos and Conditioners
- Health and Beauty Products
- Cannabis Products
- Beer Can Sleeves
- Multi-Pack Products
Unrivaled Product Visibility
With its ability to provide 360-degree coverage, shrink sleeve labels offer an unrivaled level of product visibility. Because they wrap around the entire container, it increases your available label space by 150%. With this increased real estate comes extra areas to provide additional information or design motifs. Essentially, it’s free marketing space to reinforce your messaging, showcase directions, or promote other products sold under your brand name.
Are Shrink Sleeve Labels Right for Me?
Shrink sleeve labels provide a unique and eye-catching presentation for products, making them an excellent choice to stand out on store shelves. Here are four reasons why shrink sleeve labels could be the best option for your packaging need:
- More Label Space: Before hitting the shelves, your marketing team makes a concentrated effort to include all necessary information, consolidating it into an easily digestible design. Luckily, shrink sleeve labels wrap around the entire package, giving your team extra space to work with and making it easier to provide a consistent, attractive look that draws attention to your product.
- Tamper-Evident Seals: Every B2C business around in 1982 remembers the Tylenol fiasco and the regulations that followed. For companies who need tamper-evident seals, shrink sleeves are the way to go. The tight fit helps create a stronger seal that can easily detect any tampering or premature openings.
- Boosted Shelf Appeal: While third on the list, it’s arguably the most important. When it comes to product design, first impressions matter. If you need a better way to optimize shelf impact, shrink sleeves can help make that happen with an eye-catching presentation. With full-coverage, increased design options, and vibrant colors, it’s never been easier to stand out from the competition.
- Durable Material, Sleek Appearance: Lastly, if you need a label that’s durable and sleek, shrink sleeves are the perfect choice. Because of their tight fit, it’s much easier to keep labels in place and free from wrinkles and creases. Even better, they’re highly resistant to water and other environmental factors, so you can be sure your product will stay looking great for years to come.
How to Apply Shrink Sleeve Labels: Three Factors to Consider
When preparing for shrink sleeve label printing projects, here are some tips for making sure everything goes smoothly:
1. Evaluate the potential of shrink wraps with your long-term goals.
Ready to make the switch to shrink sleeve labels? Here’s a secret: it’s much more than just a “sticker alternative.” When done correctly, it can revolutionize your business model. Here’s why:
- Higher Sales: According to an independent study by the ISPOS, “Americans agree that the design of a product’s packaging (72%) and the materials used to package a product (67%) influence their purchase decisions when selecting which products to buy.” And this just represents the number of consumers self-aware enough to admit it. Considering label design drives subconscious purchasing behaviors, these percentages could be much higher. That’s why it’s essential to leverage the extra advertising space of shrink sleeve labels to drive your sales efforts.
- Cost-Effective Packaging: In each sector of the corporate world, every organization shares a common goal: improving bottom lines. Luckily, you can save on packaging costs by bundling two or more units together with one shrink sleeve label.
- Product Security: In the consumer goods sector, bottom lines are only rivaled by customer safety. Shrink sleeves help you improve both by preventing issues associated with tampering.
2. Identify what type of shrink wrap works best for you.
Next, you’ll want to determine what type of shrink wrap best fits your packaging needs: PVC, PETG, or PETGLV.
- PVC: As the most popular choice, it’s best for businesses who need cost-effective ways to print durable, scuff and weather resistant labels.
- PETG and PETGLV: These wraps are what you’d see on an energy drink. While scuff-resistant, they also deliver a higher gloss. However, this improved presentation comes at a cost.
3. Delegate the design process to a custom label company.
With so much riding on the quality of your labels, an expert’s guidance never hurts. That’s why it’s a good idea to delegate the design process to a custom label company, as they already have experience in industries like yours—and more importantly—know what motivates your unique customer demographic.
Bring Your Packaging to Life with Shrink Sleeve Labels from USTL
Ready to leverage the benefits of shrink sleeve labels? Need an expert’s guidance through the design process? Good news, US Tape & Label is here to help. For over 70 years, we’ve helped B2C businesses improve their packaging, attract new customers, and print eye-catching labels.
Even better, with our in-house design team and 3D software, you’re able to see exactly how custom-printed shrink wraps will appear on your product. From there, we work with you to optimize the layout and colors. With USTL, it’s never been easier to bring your packaging to life. Request a free product sample to get started.
Get In Touch
Why U.S. Tape & Label?
Centrally-located and equipped with the cutting-edge equipment you need to get the best labels and look for your products. Our skilled team of in-house engineers will help you make the perfect label for any product you have.